Consists primarily of spirals, Pattern of the Spiral Sequence can be any combination of curves (on edges - spiral
positions on a straight line are ignored and not counted in the number of positions).
- Only the first 3 attempted positions
are to be considered for Level features.
- The minimum hold to be counted as a spiral position is three (3) seconds.
a possible higher level at least one of the spiral positions should be maintained without any assistance of the hand or
- There must be at least one change of foot.
- Change of foot and unsupported spiral position must also be among
the first 3 positions.
- Pushes in order to gain speed are permitted.
- Connecting steps (including spread eagles and two
footed movements with one leg extended and the other bend, or “Ina Bauer”), turns, small jumps are permitted at any
point in the sequence.
- Except during such pushes, steps, turns and small jumps, the competitor must be primarily in a
spiral position, that is with the free leg higher than the hip level and variations of the position are permitted, including
holding the knee or skate blade and the position of the free leg is otherwise free.
*** If in the Short Program if there is no change of foot at all, the
Sequence will have no Level and no value. If there is a
change of foot but any spiral position before or after the
change is shorter than 3 sec. the sequence can receive
Level 1 (but not higher).